Chef’s summer salad platter with
honey habanero chicken & balsamic cherry dressing
Prep Time: 20 minutes (+2h for marinating) | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 4-6
Chef Rob (@chefrobthomas) knows how to use the grill to take a salad to the next level! This sweet and spicy is a healthy and flavourful dish that is easy for the family to share and enjoy together.
Honey Habanero Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2-3 Tbsp Sweet heat habanero hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- Salt & Pepper
Balsamic Cherry Dressing
- 1 Cup Pitted cherries
- ¼ Cup Balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Chef’s Salad Platter
- 1 package of spring mix lettuce
- 1 package of sweet kale vegetable salad mix
- 4 Honey habanero chicken breasts, sliced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 Hard boiled eggs, cut into four sections
- 1 Avocado, sliced (or diced)
- 1 package of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- Grilled peppers, chopped
- ¾ Cup Crumbled feta
- 6-8 Strawberries, sliced
- Combine the chicken ingredients in a resealable bag or food safe container to marinate for at least 2hrs, or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill it until fully cooked.
- Cut two rainbow peppers into four sections and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the pepper at the same time as the chicken until soft and charred.
- In a blender, blend the dressing ingredients on high until smooth. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- On a large platter, spread out the spring mix and sweet kale vegetable salad mix.
- Add rows of hard-boiled egg, chicken, bacon, avocado, feta, grilled peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and strawberries (in any order you choose).
- Serve with the balsamic cherry dressing.