Stuffed chicken fingers
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves: Varied
This dish from Chef Massimo Capra (@chefcapra) perfect for the fall/summer fancy finger food.
For the Chicken Cutlet
- Chicken breasts (sliced paper thin)
- Ham slices (cut into strips to fit on chicken cutlet)
- Havarti slices (cut into strips to fit on chicken cutlet)
For the Breading
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 oz milk
- 1 cup grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1 cup flour
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the sliced chicken breasts on a large tray; place a piece of ham and havarti on each chicken breast. Roll up like a cigar.
- Now, mix the egg, milk, and grated Grana Padano cheese in a bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Put the flour in a separate bowl and the breadcrumbs in another bowl, dip the rolled-up chicken into the flour then into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs, press the breadcrumbs into the chicken to make sure it sticks well.
- Fill a large skillet about 1/4 way with canola or vegetable oil. Heat on medium-high until the oil begins to gently bubble. Now fry the chicken in the hot oil in batches (do this carefully and do not crowd the skillet).
- When the chicken turns golden brown on one side, turn over and fry on the other side.
- Remove the chicken slices with a slotted spatula and arrange them on the paper towel-lined tray to drain.
What you'll need
Chef Massimo Capra is confirmed as one of the celebrity chef’s participating in the Epilepsy South Central Ontario’s second Culinary Showdown on Saturday, Nov. 20. For more information, please visit TheCulinaryShowdown.com.