Skip to Content
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated gala apples
- 1 cup gala apples cut into ¼ pieces
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Use cooking spray or cupcake holders to line muffin pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together including flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the grated apple and chopped apple to the dry mixture. Stir together until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the olive oil and maple syrup together.
- Add in the 2 eggs and continue to whisk.
- Add in the Greek yogurt, apple sauce and vanilla and completely mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and stir together until mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan.
- Top the batter with a sprinkle of raw sugar.
- Bake approximately 13 minutes until tops are brown and insides are cooked.
- Makes 12 muffins.