Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4
- 2 lb (900 g) tri-colored mini potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 small white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thyme leaves
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped dill
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped Pickled Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pickled jalapeño liquid, or to taste
- 4 tsp (20 mL) salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil and melt butter. Add onions and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer onions to a plate and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir together dill, mayonnaise, pickles, pickled jalapeños, pickled jalapeño liquid, and salt.
- Gently fold in potatoes and onions.
- Season to taste with black pepper and serve immediately.
Grilled Ginger Chili Chicken Kebobs
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10-12 minutes | Total Time: 30-32 minutes | Serves: 4
- 2 pieces of boneless chicken breasts, cubed in 1 inch pieces
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1-2 large red chilies, stem and seeds removed
- 1 small bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice & zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients together except the chicken into a paste.
- Coat the chicken cubes with the paste and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Skewer the chicken, 3-4 pieces on each stick.
- Cook over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes on a barbeque or grill.
In case you don't have a grill, you could also cook this satay on a non-stick pan. The same Marinade works very well also with shrimp and grilled vegetables.