- 1 litre (4 cups) potatoes, peeled and diced into approximately 1-cm cubes
- 8 bacon rashers
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced into semi-circles
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) mayonnaise
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a pot, and rinse them until the water runs clear.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water, add salt and set over a medium-high heat.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to your liking.
- Drain the potatoes, then place in a bowl of very cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain once more, then set aside for later.
- In a frying pan over a medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy to your liking, then set aside on paper towel.
- For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise and maple syrup in a small bowl until smooth, then set aside.
- Chop the bacon, then place in a large bowl together with the potatoes, radishes, spring onions and dressing.
- Season and mix well.
- Serve on its own, or as a side dish for your choice of local meat.