Pizza-style tortellini salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5-7 minutes | Total Time: 20-22 minutes | Serves: 6-8
Make the most of the sunny weather with this delicious recipe from Nancy Bordeleau (@cinqfourchettes). It’s cheap, easy and quick to make. This dish can be enjoyed anywhere — on your balcony, on a camping trip or at an impromptu picnic!
- 500 g cheese tortellini
- 4 small pepperoni sausages, cut into thin
- 1 ⅓ cup mozzarella, finely diced
- 1 ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 handful of basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan to taste (optional)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot salsa (or mild, depending on your preference)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to the packet instructions.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a Mason jar and mix well.
- Transfer the tortellini to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, as well as the dressing. Mix well
- Season to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving to allow the flavours to blend well.