Maple croissant bread pudding
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes | Total Time: 2h | Serves: 12
This drool worthy maple croissant bread pudding recipe from Chef Paul Lillakas (@paullillakas) is the perfect holiday dessert sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 6 stale butter croissants (300 g) sliced into 2 cm slices
- 5 extra large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of 35% whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups of Giant Value maple syrup
- 2 tsp Giant Value vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a sheet pan, bake croissant slices for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275°F.
- Transfer toasted croissant slices into a casserole dish or an oven-safe baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until no streaks remain.
- Whisk in whipping cream, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Pour over croissant slices and using your hands, press all the croissant slices into custard mixture to make sure every slice is saturated.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 20 to 30 minutes more until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dust the top with powdered sugar to finish.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.