Frequently Asked Questions - GT VIP®
How can I sign up for the GT VIP® program?
There are three ways you can sign up for the GT VIP® program:
- Sign up online via www.gianttiger.com/gtvip
- Download our mobile app - Search for "Giant Tiger" or “GT VIP®” in your app store. We support Apple and Android phone app stores
- Text GTVIP to TIGER 84437 (Standard message and data rates may apply.)
What is GT ID?
Your GT ID is a single shared login that allows you to use one email and password across all Giant Tiger digital logins. This includes making purchases on gianttiger.com or logging in to our GT VIP® app.
How do I update my account information?
You can update your preferences through your online account or the GT VIP® mobile app. Please refer to "My Account" and then, "Preferences".
You can update your preferences through your online account or the GT VIP® mobile app.
If you are logged into your online account:
- Please click on your name at the top left.
- Choose "My Information" or "Preferences" to update any relevant information.
If you are logged in to the mobile app:
- Please click on the "My Account" icon at the top right of the app.
- Select the tab associated with the information you would like to update.
I was signing up for the GT VIP® program and it says that an account already exists but I do not remember creating an account.
Please use the same username and password as your GT online shopping account. If you do not remember your account login information, please use the Forget Username/Password option.
I don't know how to sign up for GT VIP®.
How can I download the GT VIP® mobile app?
- Do you have a smart phone? - You must have either an Android phone (e.g. Samsung) or an iPhone.
- If you do, please open your "Play store" or "App store".
- Search for Giant Tiger, Tigre Géant, GT VIP or VIP TG.
- Click on install and wait for the application to download.
- Open the GT VIP® application.
- Select your preferred store.
- Click on the "My Account" icon at the top right of the app.
- Sign in or Sign up.
I don't have a smart phone/ I don't want to download an app - how can I participate in the GT VIP® program?
You can sign up and browse your deals through our website at www.gianttiger.com/gtvip
I don't have a computer, how can I participate in the GT VIP® program?
There are two options:
- Since GT deals are automatically loaded to your account, you need to access a computer only once to create your account. After the account is created, you can start redeeming deals when checking out.
- You can download the GT VIP® app to browse your deals as well as load the "Bonus Deals".
I no longer have access to the e-mail on my account and so I cannot reset my password.
Please create a new GT VIP® account with your new e-mail address and a different phone number
What should I do if I forgot my password?
Click on Forgot Username/Password. This reset function is available in both the mobile app and website account.
Can I share my account with my spouse or partner?
Members of your household can use your account. At your own discretion, you can share your registered phone number or login information with them.
Can more than one user be registered under the same account
An account can only have one registered user.
What are GT VIP's deals and coupon policies?
- The GT VIP® membership must be verified during checkout for discounts to be applied. Provide the cashier with your phone number or scan the barcode on your GT VIP® app.
- Discounts are applied to qualifying items only.
Learn more about Giant Tiger’s coupon policy.
Are there any restrictions I should be aware of, besides the store policies?
- Deals do not apply to tobacco, lottery tickets, gift cards, pre-paid/phone cards, postage, Western Union and financial services.
- Specific terms and conditions apply to each deal.
- Specific terms and conditions apply for the GT VIP® program.
What is the return policy for products purchased with GT VIP® deals?
Giant Tiger has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We will accept returns for products that didn't satisfy your needs. Please note that the amount refunded includes the sale amount on the receipt after any discounts have been applied.
What does Giant Tiger do with my information?
Please review Giant Tiger's data usage and privacy policies.
Does Giant Tiger have a loyalty program?
Yes, we do! Our loyalty program is called GT VIP®.
GT VIP® is a unique and user-friendly loyalty program that gives VIP access to deals on in-store purchases, contests and partner perks. You save right away! These deals are exclusive and can be accessed through your account (via www.gianttiger.com/gtvip or mobile app).
Is the GT VIP® program available at all Giant Tiger stores?
Yes, the GT VIP® program is available at all Giant Tiger stores.
Is there a fee to be in the GT VIP® program?
It is totally free! No charge to create or use your GT VIP® account.
Where can I find the program terms and conditions?
View our terms and conditions.
Where can I share feedback about this program?
How do I redeem my deals?
It is quick and easy!
- Log in to your GT VIP® account through the GT VIP® app or the website.
- Browse your loaded deals under "My Deals"
- Load additional savings from the "Bonus Deals" tab. This can be done by clicking on the plus sign.
- To redeem your deals, please share your GT VIP® barcode or your registered phone with the cashier.
Please make sure to read each offer's terms and meet the conditions of the deal before your purchase.
Do I need to print the deals from my GT VIP® account?
All GT VIP® deals are paperless. It will work automatically when you verify your membership during checkout – either by scanning your membership barcode or by giving the cashier your unique 10-digit phone number.
What is the limit on number of deals I can load to my basket?
There is no limit on the number of deals in your basket.
How do I find out if a deal is expiring soon?
Please log in to your online account and click on "Expiring" under the "Sort by" box. The soon-to-be expiring deals will appear first.
What should I do if I was overcharged for some item?
Can I use my deals in GT's online shopping?
Deals cannot be applied on items purchased through our online shopping at this time.
How often do deals get updated?
Every Wednesday, we release new deals to your account.
What is the difference between My Deals and Bonus Deals?
”My Deals” includes weekly deals on groceries, fashion and home essentials that are loaded every Wednesday. These deals are automatically loaded to your account. All you need to do is share your GT VIP® barcode or registered phone number with the cashier.
”Bonus Deals” includes more savings that need to be loaded individually to your account before you check out.
Where do I find my weekly deals?
To view deals, you must be logged into your account via the GT VIP® app or through www.gianttiger.com/gtvip. Under the "My Deals" tab, your weekly deals are automatically loaded to your account.
For additional savings, you can find more deals under the "Bonus Deals" tab. Please choose the deals you want and click on the plus sign to load them.
You can redeem all loaded offers in the store.
I don't want to receive any e-mails. How can I remove my e-mail address?
We are sorry to hear that you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us. You may unsubscribe at any time through the following two options:
- Please log in via gianttiger.com or the GT VIP® app to update your profile preferences.
- Open any e-mail that was sent by Giant Tiger. At the end of the e-mail, please click on "Unsubscribe".
How can I stop receiving SMS messages?
We are sorry to hear that you no longer wish to receive SMS messages from us. Please text "STOP" to TIGER 84437 to unsubscribe from our SMS messages.
I'm facing technical issues with my app.
The item I want to purchase with GT VIP® deal is out of stock, but my deal is expiring.
I cannot redeem my deals at checkout because the system couldn't find my account.
I cannot redeem my deals because the system was down.
Can I transfer my deals to someone else?
Deals are not transferable at this time.
Can I use my deals more than once?
Each deal has unique rules around how often it can be used and for how many units. Please review the terms of each deal.
Which devices support the mobile app?
The mobile app is available on Android and iOS. If you have any of the following phones, you can download it.
- Google Pixel
- One Plus