Chocolatey Caramel Popcorn
by author and DIY expert Denise Wild (@medenisewild)
- 3 packages of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup of butter, unsalted
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup of corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a medium saucepan, and bring them to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill an oversized bowl with the popcorn, then pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and toss it to cover. Spread the caramel popcorn over a large cookie sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 40 seconds. Stir the chocolate chips, then melt them again for 20 seconds and stir again. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the caramel popcorn.
- Once the popcorn has cooled completely, break it up into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!