Chocolate candy cane baked oatmeal
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
This dish from Abbey Sharp (@abbeyskitchen) is can be mixed and matched for whatever foodie preferences you have! The oatmeal recipe is naturally sweet so have fun adding in your own toppings as well. To watch Abbey Sharp create this festive dish check out our Facebook page!
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt (or less for babies)
- ¾ cup unsweetened milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 medium zucchini grated and liquid squeezed out
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup dark mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp crushed candy canes
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease two 9" square baking dishes.
- Mix together the oats, cinnamon, cocoa, nutmeg, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- In another, mix the milk, maple, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, banana, zucchini, and flax. Mix into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to the two baking dishes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, crushed candy.