Charitable Giving Application
Welcome to Giant Tiger's Charitable Giving Fund Application.
We aim to do the greatest good possible, for the greatest number of people in Giant Tiger communities. Our charitable giving focus is on three main areas:
- Food Banks
- Family Physical and Mental Health
- Youth Empowerment
- Application Opens: Saturday, February 1st, 2020.
- Due to the current COVID-1 concerns, we will be extending the deadline for applications.
- The application deadline will be; April 30th, 2020.
- Recipients will Notified: Mid-July
- Funding will now be Provided to Recipients after; October 1st, 2020.
- Download and fill in the provided document, once complete keep a copy for your files and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email within 2-3 business days.
- The deadline for submission is Thursday April 30th 2020.
- If you have any questions regarding your application or the process, please email Giant Tiger Stores Limited at email@example.com.
Please read the following carefully before applying to ensure that your charity is a match for our business.
- Request is over $2,000 –smaller requests, and events taking place before August 1st, 2020 can be directed to a local store, please visit our Sponsorship Request page.
- Organizations must be Canadian and the donated funds must be applied in Canada.
- Applicants must be charitable organizations recognized by Revenue Canada and in good standing.
- The charity must be in operation for no less than 5 years prior to application date.
- We look at programs that make a tangible and sustainable difference in the communities we call home.
- Applications for specific programs or initiatives are preferred, please be as detailed as possible when describing how your program or initiative will better the community, not just now but into the future.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial responsibility; charities seeking deficit financing will not be considered.
- Charities selected are required to be accountable and report the use of proceeds.
- You are requesting support for a specific program.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Golf tournaments
- Sports teams
- Private clubs
- Religious organizations
- Political parties or advocacy groups
- Individuals or individual pursuits
- Schools, Colleges or Universities
- Charities located outside Canada
- Projects outside of Canada;
- Research projects
- Third party fundraising
- Capital Campaigns
- Conferences, trade shows, fairs
- Production of videos, DVD's and television shows
If your organization’s mandate falls within our criteria, please complete and submit our online application form. It should take you 20-30 minutes to complete.