Caring for our customers, associates, and communities: COVID-19 update
Reduced hours of operation:
Our stores are open for all your shopping needs but we have temporarily reduced hours of operation.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to ensure availability of some of our products.
Take advantage of FREE* home delivery when you shop online. *Some conditions apply. Due to high volumes and busy carriers, fulfillment and delivery times are delayed. We ask for your patience as we process your order as quickly as possible. Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with your order tracking information.
We regret that groceries are not yet available for purchase online.
Let's do our part, together
The following measures are in place to ensure the health of our associates and our community:
Physical distancing required
Enhanced cleaning & sanitizations measures
Feeling unwell? Visit us at gianttiger.com
Use credit or debit if possible
Plexiglass cashier shield
Employee protective gear available
Frequently asked questions
The health and safety of our associates, customers and communities is our number one priority at all times. We are taking a number of measures to protect associates at work, including but not limited to:
- Installing plexiglass at our registers.
- Mapping out social distancing parameters prior to entering and throughout our stores.
- We have implemented health checks at our stores and distribution centres and are asking our associates who are not feeling well to stay home and get well.
- Ensuring all associates have access to PPE as well as hand sanitizer.
- Implementation of a number of different policies and process both on the sales floor and in the employee areas of our stores.
To thank our front-line workers for their dedication to ensuring our communities are able to have access to their essential needs we are offering a thank you bonus of $2 on hourly pay as well as financial assistance for those associates who are in mandatory quarantine.
Giant Tiger is a people first organization. This has always been who we are and is who we will continue to be. Our priority at all times is the health and safety of our people, both in our stores and within our communities.
If a member of the Giant Tiger team tests positive for COVID-19 we will:
- Work with and follow the direction of the public health authority.
- Ensure our store are subject to a strict deep-clean and sanitization process.
- Notify all staff who require self-isolation and or self-monitoring for two weeks.
- We will ensure that our customer care team is able to answer customer questions and provide accurate and timely information to our valued customers.
- We will ensure that our store franchise and staff are fully informed and supported during this process.
Some stores are limiting quantities on high demand items to ensure there are products available for the most customers possible.
We recognize the important role we have as an essential service and we recognize that our communities count on us to deliver that service in a healthy and safe environment for all. We take this responsibility to heart. We have implemented the following measures that have been developed with our pandemic leads in consultation with public health and other regulatory bodies:
Cleaning and sanitization
- Heightened sanitization and disinfectant process implemented.
- Store staff directed to clean high traffic areas and touch points throughout the day.
- Cart wipes/spray and hand sanitizer provided.
- Plexiglass cashier shields installed.
- Reduction in store hours. To see a list of store hours click here.
- Staff to use hand sanitizer or wash hands every 30 minutes.
- Practise social distancing policies and practices put into place in all stores, including prior to entry, while shopping and while navigating the checkout areas and paying for purchases.
- Limit customer count in stores – exact number varies by square footage of store.
- Social distancing PA announcements loaded to in-store PA system.
- Social distancing video produced and distributed - cashier best practices.
- One-way aisles in grocery best practices released to stores.
Customer policies changed
- Customers are reminded that if they have been travelling internationally in the last 14 days or are unwell we ask them to not shop and remain at home, online is provided as an option.
- Customers are asked to use debit or credit where possible.
- Suspend in-store charitable campaigns.
- Changing rooms are closed.
- Public washroom closed.
- Shut down self-serve food in stores.
- Suspend raincheck policy to limit customer touch points.
- Suspension of Ad Match Guarantee.
- Suspend returns or exchanges to limit customer touch points – excludes food and government issued recalls.
- Vending machines removed from sales floor or marked out of order.
- Suspend fragrance testing.
- Suspension of all lottery sales and redemption.
- We are no longer accepting reusable bags and have waived the plastic bag fee.
Yes. We are currently hiring for a variety of roles in different communities. To apply, click here.
Giant Tiger is proud to make a different in our communities today and always. From large scale donations, most recently 20,000 N95 masks, to donations to Food Banks Canada and giving back to local charities and organization, we understand the important role we have. Looking for support for your organization? Click here.
The safety and health of our Giant Tiger team members is of upmost importance. We have had to modify our Customer Service hours due to practicing social distancing. Our team is working 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. There will be response delays due to the reduced coverage hours.
- Home Office
- Self Care
- Keeping Busy
- Toys, Puzzles & Games
- Home Schooling
- Living Room
- Kitchen & Dining
- Kids Furniture
- Storage Solutions
- Home Decor
Electronics & Entertainment
- Home Entertainment
- Cameras & Drones
- Computers & Accessories
- Phones & Mobile
- Wearable Tech
- Car Electronics
- Surveillance Systems
- Musical Instruments
Seasonal & Outdoors
- Spring & Summer Living
- Outdoor Cooking
- Outdoor Heating & Firepits
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Winter Living
- Heating & Cooling
- Household Supplies
- Office, Crafts & Party Supplies
- Window Treatments
- Automotive, Tools & Hardware
- Women's Plus
- Kids & Baby
- Classic Editions
- Lily Morgan
- ACX Active
- Mountain Ridge
- Bella & Birdie
- Survival Gear
- Monkey Bars
- Handbags, Backpacks & Luggage
- Footwear & Accessories
- Jewellery & Watches
- Toys & Games
- Fan Central
- Camping, Fishing & Hunting
- Backyard Toys, Sports Equipment & Accessories
- Fitness & Exercise
- Bikes, Ride-ons & Accessories
- Arts & Crafts
Health & Beauty
- Makeup & Accessories
- Personal Care & Grooming
- Health Care
- Hair Products
- Bath & Body
- Skin Care
- Baby Products
- Snacks & Candy
- Household & Cleaning
- Pet Food & Accessories
- Vitamins, Nutrition & Supplements
- Health & Beauty
Flyers & Deals
- Online Deals
- What's New Online
- Weekly Flyer
- Great Prices
- Media Room
- Customer Service
- Shop our Site