We will gladly accept coupons provided they meet the following criteria:
- Coupons are accepted only if the store carries the item;
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase;
- The item purchased must match the item presented on the coupon(identical in size, quantity, brand, style etc.);
- The expiration date must be listed and coupons must be redeemed before the expiry date on the coupon; and
- Coupons must have a scannable barcode.
Number of coupons that can be used for each item
- Only one acceptable coupon may be presented for each item purchased within a transaction.
- The store reserves the right to limit quantities where multiple coupons are used for multiple purchases of the same item.
Free merchandise with a coupon (i.e. BOGO - buy one get one)
- No sales tax is applied on free merchandise.
When coupon value exceeds the price of the item
- If the value of the coupon exceeds the price of the item (including taxes), the excess value of the coupon is applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes). Any remaining coupon value after the excess value has been applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes) is not paid out as cash.
In addition, the following requirements must be met on each of the types of accepted coupon offers below.
Giant Tiger coupons
Email/Web/Facebook coupons are accepted by:
- Presenting the coupon on a smartphone for the cashier to scan the bar code; or
- Presenting a printed coupon, which must contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- The coupon must have Manufacturer's instructions to the retailer as well as a Canadian remittance address.
- Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
- Only printed coupons are accepted.
- Stores have the right to refuse any coupons that appear to be photocopied, scanned or altered.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept coupons for online purchases at this time.