Candy cane cheesecake
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 62 minutes | Total Time: 5h 30 min | Serves: 8
A new version of a classic Holiday dessert, easy to make and simply delicious from Chef Bruno Feldeisen (@brunofeldeisen)!
- 1 ½ cup of crushed Graham crackers
- ⅓ cup of light-brown sugar
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup of white chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- ½ tsp of powdered ginger
- ½ tsp of powdered cinnamon
Candy Cane Cheesecake
- 2 ½ cups of cream cheese
- ¾ cup of light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of crushed candy cane
- ½ cup of frozen cranberries
- 2 tsp of egg white
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg white with the cranberries. Stir in the sugar. Spread the cranberries on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, set it on a rack to cool at room temperature.
- Adjust oven temperature to 320°F.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper. Cut out a band of parchment paper and place on the side of the springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed Graham crackers, the chopped white chocolate, the cinnamon, the ginger and the light-brown sugar. Add the melted butter and mix well. Spread and press evenly in the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set it on a rack to cool at room temperature. Reduce oven temperature to 260°F.
- In a mixer, mix at low speed the cream cheese and light-brown sugar. Add the 2 eggs and sour cream. With the silicone spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the blend through a fine strainer.
- Break the candy canes in small pieces and add to the creamy blend.
- Pour the mix on the crust and place the pan on baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes at 260°F or until the centre of the cake begins to rise slightly.
- Let it cool at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Put in the fridge at least 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish the cake with sweetened cranberries.