We accept coupons
We will gladly accept coupons provided they meet the following criteria.
- Coupons are accepted only if the store carries the item
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase
- Only Canadian coupons are accepted
- The coupon must have Manufacturer's instructions to the retailer as well as a Canadian remittance address
- The item purchased must match the item presented on the coupon (identical in size, quantity, brand, style etc.)
- The expiration date must be listed and coupons must be redeemed before the expiry date on the coupon
- Coupons must have a scanable barcode
- Only printed coupons are accepted
Number of coupons that can be used for each item
- Only one acceptable coupon may be presented for each item purchased within a transaction
- The store reserves the right to limit quantities where multiple coupons are used for multiple purchases of the same item
Free merchandise with a coupon (i.e. BOGO)
- No Sales tax is applied on free merchandise
When coupon value exceeds the price of the item
- If the value of the coupon exceeds the price of the item (including taxes), the excess value of the coupon is applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes). Any remaining coupon value after the excess value has been applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes) is not paid out as cash.
Giant Tiger coupons
Email/Web/Facebook coupons are accepted by;
- Presenting the coupon on a smartphone for the cashier to scan the bar code.
- Presenting a printed coupon, which must contain a clear and scannable bar code.
In-store bounce back coupons
Bounce back coupons cannot be combined and can only be applied to the categories of merchandise outlined on the coupon.
Note: Stores have the right to refuse any coupons that appear to be photocopied, scanned or altered.
Coupgon – Checkout Procedures
We are pleased to announce that we accept COUPGON coupons. COUPGON is Canada’s first digital grocery coupon app. using a customer’s mobile device.
- Customer is to scan the QR code sign posted at the cash register and then hold up their mobile device to the cashier to see the Coupgon coupons the customer wished to redeem
- Coupgon coupons will only be accepted at the time of purchase
- Coupgon coupons are accepted only if the store carries the item
- The item purchased must match the item displayed on the Coupgon app. (identical in size, quantity, brand, style etc.)
- Cashier will only redeem the quantity of Coupgon coupons listed on the Coupgon app.